Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recent Reads August/September 2010

I'm behind on my reviews! I need to get "official" reviews up for Elfhunter, The Long Man, and Farmers & Mercenaries; I gave Elfhunter and The Long Man 3 stars out of 5, "Liked it," on the GoodReads scale and I gave Farmers & Mercenaries 4 out of 5 stars - "Really Liked It."

I've also finished reading Angel by Alton Gansky. Not quite what I was used to from some of his other books that I really enjoyed. Took me awhile to get into it but, once the Aster character showed up and the plot actually started moving forward, it was good.

I finally started and finished Signs and Wonders by Sharon Gilbert. I love Sharon's writing, but this book ended on cliff-hangar!! Aarrgh! Sharon, how could you tease me like that?! This is the second book in a series. The third is forthcoming. It's very obviously the middle book, as it serves to move the pieces around the board in preparation for the final chapter. Good book, but it suffers the middle-child syndrome.

Both of these recent reads I also gave 3 out of 5 stars at GoodReads.

And I read the latest Star Wars novel, Fatal Alliance. It's based on the upcoming MMO The Old Republic and set in that time period, thousands of years before the movies. Like most of the recent Star Wars novels, it was just okay, also earning 3 out of 5 stars from me.

I need some good space science fiction again, along the lines of Jack McDevitt or Kristine Kathryn Rusch's Retrieval Artist series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe