Friday, September 14, 2012

What Does Book Blogging Mean To Me?


Book Blogger Appreciation Week asks the question: What does book blogging mean to you?

To me, it gives me a chance to share about books I've really enjoyed. Or warn off readers about books that didn't live up to their hype (I'm looking at you Star Wars Millenium Falcon).

Blogging about books has also given me a chance to experience some new reading material I wouldn't have otherwise read. Some publishers and authors have been great about sending me books to review. Since I'm only one person, there's no way I can read them all (unless I win the lottery and spend my days reading instead of going to work!). I've enjoyed some Urban Fantasy - not a genre I probably would have picked up on my own - it's still not my preferred genre, but it's enjoyable sometimes when I've overdosed on space operas or traditional fantasy.

I've been lucky enough to get some advance copies of books I was really looking forward to reading, or sequels I was excited to read. And I've gotten started with new series just starting out or getting books in the middle of a series that interested me enough to seek out the rest of that series.

I sometimes provide reviews about things other than books, but book reviews are what I mostly write.  I read more books than what I blog about. But what I blog about are the books I either really want to share about, or books for which I've committed to providing reviews.

And finally, blogging about books has made me realize there are way too many books out there that I want to read that I'll never have the time to read!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe