Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Farscape Season 1 - overall review

Over on the ScaperChronicles podcast, I participated in their Farscape Season 1 wrap-up episode (which has yet to come down the feed). Throughout the first season in each episode of the podcast, the crew has been rating each episode of Farscape.

My ratings were initially very high for most of the episodes I discussed on the podcast. With the wrap-up, I wanted to go back and rework my ratings - rate all the episodes, since I didn't get to discuss them all, and lower my high ratings to reflect that I rarely like to give a 10/10 score. My feeling there is that there's always room for improvement, even if what I've just seen seems perfect.

So here is a list of each episode and my rating. Even the ...mediocre episodes, including 1 that most people have called the worst episode of the series, I rated with a 5 or a 6 as none of them, I thought, were just plain unwatchable. Even the episodes I didn't rate highly had some redeeming value at some point and were, therefor, at least worth a middle of the road 5-rating.


Ep #
Ep Title
Rating
1
Premiere
8
2
Exodus from Genesis
6
3
Back and Back and Back to the Future
6
4
Throne for a Loss
8
5
PK Tech Girl
9
6
Thank God It's Friday, Again
6
7
I, E.T
8
8
That Old Black Magic
8
9
DNA Mad Scientist
9
10
They've Got a Secret
8
11
Till the Blood Runs Clear
8
12
The Flax
7.5
13
Rhapsody in Blue
5
14
Jeremiah Crichton
5
15
Durka Returns
7
16
A Human Reaction
8
17
Through the Looking Glass
8
18
A Bug's Life
7.5
19
Nerve
8.5
20
The Hidden Memory
8.5
21
Bone to Be Wild
5
22
Family Ties
9


If you've never seen Farscape, and you consider even remotely a fan of science fiction, go watch it now. If you're a fan of a great writing and continuity, go watch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe