Sunday, August 14, 2011

GenCon 2011 and Beyond

I wasn't able to make it to GenCon this year. So no awesome pics of me with Slave Leias. I had a great time last year though and hope to be able to go again in years to come, perhaps with my kids in tow.


GenCon announced their attendance this year shattered previous records with well over 37,000 attendees and over $18,000 raised for School on Wheels, their current charity of choice. GenCon has been in Indianapolis each summer since 2003, and they'll continue to be there through at least 2015.  They've even announced the dates of the event through that year:

  • August 16-19, 2012
  • August 15-18, 2013
  • August 14-17, 2014
  • July 30 - August 2, 2015

I plan on going next year... but then, I had planned on going this year too. I also plan on moving across the country at some point in the nearish future, either for my own career or for my wife's advancement in hers. 


If we're still in Indiana as each summer rolls around, I'll definitely try to make plans for GenCon. 



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe