Friday, November 6, 2009

Book Review: The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book



"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head." Yeah those. This book isn't just another collection of Chuck Norris 'facts', it's a book written by Chuck Norris picking his favorite of the facts, offering a commentary about them with anecdotes from his life, and offering a positive view of patriotism, Christianity, and roundhouse kicks, among other things.

My three kids get a big kick out of reading the various Chuck Norris facts around the internet (on the websites that are kid friendly). When I saw this book available for review from the Tyndale Blog Network, I had to have it. I'm the last person in my house to read the book. My three kids and my wife all read the book before I got to it. They loved it, and still pick it up sometimes just to have something clean, fun, and meaningful to read. Each fact (and humorous caricature of Chuck Norris in action) is followed by a few paragraphs of Chuck Norris giving a rebuttal, or a life lesson, or an anecdote about the fact, followed by a related quote, and Chuck's Code that sums it up on how to relate it to life.

I don't think I knew that Chuck Norris is a Christian, and he makes no bones about it in the book, nor about his support of our troops, our constitution, etc. This was a nice refreshing read from the normal gloom and doom about our nation that permeates the mass media.

This book hands down gets a grand rating of 5 out of 5.

Disclaimer of dooooom:
For the purposes of review, Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book (because I like free stuff). Clicking on the book link at the beginning takes you to Amazon.com where you can purchase the book and I'd get a small percentage of the sale (because I like cash).

I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe