Found an interesting Book Meme from Carrie at Books and Movies.
1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down? Usually some kind of bookmark, or the flaps from a dustcover (or the dustcover itself). Never dogear. Sometimes lay it face down open to the last page I read.
2. Do you lend your books? Not really.
3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS! Hmmm... I'd probably stick a different book mark there. I don't think I'd write in a book unless it was designed for that.
4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off? Depends.
5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book? I rarely do audio books. Paperbacks are less expensive, and thus more in my price range. I really like the TPB size and style, but hard covers sure do look spiffy organized nicely on a bookshelf.
6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines? Stacked generally by category or series; but mostly just helter skelter on the two book cases in our bedroom.
7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later? Usually library, since I have three kids. Purchasing books is a splurge = usually for gift-giving occassions.
8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp? I do not unless I'm lending it out - and I rarely do that.
9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications? Recent.
10. Page edges - deckled or straight? Is it bad that I don't understand the question? I''ll guess and say that deckled means the page edges aren't all aligned and look kind of rough? Honestly - it doesn't matter to me.
11. How many books do you read at one time? Almost always just one at a time. I may put down one book to start and finish another book that I was really looking forward to reading.
12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book? Not that I can remember. I've got some old books that have pages falling out of them... but I didn't pull them out.