Saturday, February 6, 2010

Book Review: Forty-Eight X

Forty-Eight X: The Lemuria Project by Barry Pollack

What do you get when you cross monkeys with a couple of archaeologist, the military, top scientists, and a woman who thinks her father was framed for a murder-suicide?

You get an enjoyable action novel with fun characters, an interesting story, and an ending with an ick-factor.

The US military gathers scientists on a remote island to conduct genetic experiments to design new breed of warrior to cut down on the deaths of our sons and daughters in the armed forces. During the first mission of these new warriors, they leave behind a single piece of evidence that leads archeologists on a search for the source of the evidence. And the scientist in charge of the research fakes his own death to explain his disappearance to his peers, only his daughter doesn't believe the story.

From terrorist camps to the halls of academia to neighborhood suburbia and to remote island beaches, Forty-Eight X doesn't monkey around.



Disclaimer of Disclaiming: Sometimes publishers or authors give me their book or product free so I can review it. I got this one from IJustFinished. Sometimes I get books I want to read for my own enjoyment from PaperBackSwap. The product links in the reviews take you to Amazon.com, where if you buy the linked item I get a very small percentage of the purchase price (because I like cash).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe