Monday, August 12, 2019

Reread of the The Lord of the Rings

The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first read The Lord of the Rings when I was a teenager and loved it. I may have re-read it once after that before now. Recently, Amazon had the Kindle version of The Lord of the Rings on sale for three bucks - I couldn't pass up that deal. I have a hard copy of the book, but ebooks are easier to read in the dark while my wife sleeps.

I found, rereading LOTR again, that the movie version - and having read novels by authors like James Rollins and Matthew Reilly - have spoiled me for getting to straight to the plot and moving it along, with sparse descriptions of only what you need to know right now. Whereas the book of LOTR simmers, meanders, repeats, wanders, marinates you in the world of Middle-Earth.

I found myself skimming, and downright skipping, huge swathes of the book this reread. That makes me sad for my reading attention span.



View all my reviews


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this article here about the "The Lord of the Rings" book. Your article is very informative and I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post. If anyone looking for the Online Book Review Sites, Styloabille is the best choice.

    ReplyDelete

Search Engine Submission - AddMe