Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Wrap-Up

It's been a good year for me for reading. I've finally gotten on the radar of publishers and authors and have started receiving books for review unsolicited, which means I've discovered some great new books.

To wrap-up 2010, I've decided to just mention a few noteworthy items:

My favorite book of 2010 was Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny. This book really served the world well, and made the anticipation for the game it's based on that much greater.

My most anticipated book of 2010 was Echo, by Jack McDevitt. I really enjoy his books and look forward to each new one. And while this particular novel wasn't quite as good as those that came before, it was still nice to visit with that world and the characters within.

The new series I discovered that I was most impressed with in 2010 was the Nightside series, where I started with The Good, The Bad, and the Uncanny, rather close to the end of the series. When I get a chance, I get to go back and experience the rest of the series for the very first time! I think I'll actually give that a tie with The Spirit Thief series by Rachel Aaron. I read the first book back in September, the other two books in the series are out now, and I keep meaning to go buy them.

The book I was most disappointed with in 2010 was probably Hull Zero Three by Greg Bear. I enjoyed some his earlier works, and every now and then try of his newer books that sounds interesting. HZT just didn't work for me.

In 2010 I also got to attend conventions for the first time: PaxEast and GenCon. I hope to be able to attend GenCon again in 2011, and there are other cons I'd love to try to make it to. I'm looking forward to many more good books in 2011.

Happy New Year!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe