Saturday, December 10, 2011

Recent Reads Autumn 2011

I've been on a reading kick lately, devouring these books and loving every minute of it! I have not been on a writing kick. It is called Sporadic Reviews afterall...

Dragon Fate, by E.E. Knight: Final book in the fantastic Age of Fire series. Knight is one of my favorite authors. This book one took too long to wrap up, too much going on for the end of a series. I still enjoyed it though.

Mecha Corps, by Brett Patton: Part Starship Troopers (without the bugs), part Transformers. It'd make great anime. I loved it. Well-written mecha action.


Dark Rising, by Grieg Beck: Good modern-day military adventure. Iran tries to create and maintain a black hole. Stuff that accidentally goes into it, sends back something worse! Interesting premise and lots of action. I enjoyed it. Part of a series, but stands perfectly well all by itself.

Transformers: Exiles, by Alex Irvine: Sequel to the novel Exodus, prequel to the cartoon Transformers Prime. It was okay.. read like average fan-fiction.

Star Wars: Riptide, by Paul S. Kemp: Better than the 9-book series that's currently running with the main Star Wars characters. Interesting premise and I'm intrigued enough to want to know if there's another sequel planned.

Earthbound, by Joe Haldeman: Third in the Marsbound series. Kind of post-apocalyptic: aliens took away all of Earth's power generating abilities and nothing works. Quick resolution. I enjoyed it.

Good stuff! The publishers or authors sent me all of these for review except for the Star Wars book and Dark Rising. I picked those up at my local library, along with a few others that I haven't read yet.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning the Marsbound series, I hadn't heard of it yet and would like to read it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Search Engine Submission - AddMe